This Role reports to Head of Operations
Are you ready to join the passionate, growing La Verne Brewing team? Are you a beer nerd who loves to
talk about all the finer points of brewing? Look no further than LVBC! We’d love to welcome you into our
legion of fellow nerds! Here at La Verne Brewing we are united by a passion for sharing our beer and
knowledge with everyone who walks through our door. Yup, that means even folks doing deliveries could
be subjected to an earful about proper dry-hopping technique. If this sounds like fun to you, apply today!
● Overseeing, manage and develop all elements of the brew-house, including
○ Packaging - Kegging/Bottling/Canning
○ Quality Control
○ Maintenance and Engineering
● Developing and maintaining and documenting recipes
● Oversee all aspects of raw material procurement, spare parts management and finished goods
● Responsible for brewing equipment and brewhouse maintenance ensuring smooth operations
● Manage brewery improvement projects with staff and 3rd party contractors. This can include
upgrades to the tasting room and beer hall.
● Production Scheduling
● Managing and developing brewing staff to meet goals agreed upon with management
● Budget formulation, management and execution
● Work with marketing to forecast and set production targets while improving efficiencies
● Interface with Taproom Manager regarding recipe ideas, production outputs & timing, tasting
notes & training sessions on new beer and use of shared space
● Responsible for implementing efficient systems of data gathering, monitoring and analysis,
compiling this information into regular reports which outline key targets and solutions for
improving efficiencies and the overall running of our brewing facility.
● Attend on and offsite events to advocate and speak about the beer
● Attend Brewmaster and brewery training as agreed upon with management
● Other duties as assigned
Skills & Experience
● An expert brewer, you will possess a complete understanding of the brewing process and
equipment, be able to formulate complex recipes and deal with the challenges faced by the
● An articulate and intelligent individual, you will be well practiced in dealing with various internal
and external stakeholders, successfully working with them to ensure we continue to brew
outstanding craft beers.
● A leader with the ability to influence, encourage and motivate all team members as we work to
make other people as passionate about creating great craft beer.
La Verne Chamber of Commerce
2332 D Street, Unit E
La Verne, CA 91750