Extended: Full Street Closure of Glendora Ave. at Railroad Crossing in Glendora
Crews will continue reconstructing the railroad crossing on Glendora Avenue as part of the 9.1-mile Foothill Gold Line light rail project. Due to unforeseen conditions within the crossing, this work requires the extension of the closure to complete the final crossing operations. All efforts between the various teams working onsite are being made to open the street as soon as possible, and we appreciate your patience.
Ongoing and continuing thru March 8, 2021 (extended), Glendora Avenue will be fully closed to all traffic (vehicular and pedestrian) at the railroad crossing 24 hours a day/7 days a week. Ada Avenue (just north of the crossing) and Route 66 (south of the crossing) will remain open and accessible by way of detour routes, see map below.
- Work hours, including double shifts from 7:00 AM - 12:00 AM (Midnight), Monday - Sunday, have been approved. NOTE: Occasional longer work hours may be performed during the closure period
- Glendora Avenue will be fully closed to vehicular and pedestrian traffic at the railroad crossing.
- Access will be available to local homes and businesses on Glendora Avenue, within the closure area north and south of the railroad crossing.
A detour route will be in place during the closure and signage will be posted to direct motorists and pedestrians. Please follow detour signs.
- Vermont Avenue (northbound and southbound) will remain open and serve as the main detour route.
- Ada Avenue (eastbound and westbound) will remain open.
- Route 66 (eastbound and westbound) will remain open.
- Grand Avenue (northbound and southbound) will serve as the main truck detour route, see details below.
Noise from construction equipment will be produced near the active work zones.
Bus stops may be temporarily relocated. For more information:
La Verne Chamber of Commerce
2332 D Street, Unit E
La Verne, CA 91750