Gold Line Construction City Street Improvements Updates
As part of the 9.1-mile Foothill Gold Line light rail project, crews will be building street improvements at the intersections of San Dimas Ave./Bonita Ave. and San Dimas Ave./Commercial St. Crews will demolish the existing roadway and replace with new curb, gutter, ADA ramps, sidewalks, and driveways (see back for details). New right turn lanes will be added on southbound San Dimas Ave (to westbound Bonita Ave.) and northbound San Dimas Ave (to eastbound Bonita Ave.). Crews will additionally install new traffic signals at both intersections. Work will be completed one intersection at a time from January through March 2021. Traffic flow will be maintained at all times, work will impact the shoulder or may require intermittent single lane closures.
Starting January 4, 2021, and continuing through March 31, 2021, the intersections of San Dimas Ave./Bonita Ave. and San Dimas Ave./Commercial St. will have intermittent lane closures to perform street improvements. Lane closures will be placed and picked up daily; work zones may stay coned off for safety.
• Work Hours: 7:00 AM - 5:30 PM, Monday thru Saturday. Occasional longer working hours may be needed.
- San Dimas Ave./Bonita Ave. Intersection: Traffic lanes will be reduced on both streets. Thru traffic will be maintained
- San Dimas Ave./Commercial St. Intersection: Traffic lanes will be reduced on both streets. Thru traffic will be maintained.
- Northern San Dimas Town Center driveway on San Dimas Ave. will be closed during the intersection improvements. The southern driveway to remain open and accessible.
- San Dimas Village Walk driveway will remain open and accessible during construction.
PLAN YOUR ROUTE AND BE PREPARED
• Signage will be placed within the work zones to direct motorists and pedestrians. Please follow signage.
- San Dimas Ave. (northbound and southbound) will remain open to all traffic.
- Bonita Ave. (eastbound and westbound) will remain open to all traffic.
- Commercial St. (northbound and southbound) will remain open to all traffic.
- Noise from construction equipment will be produced near the active work zones. • Bus stops may be temporarily relocated, for more information:
- Foothill Transit Bus: (800) RIDE-INFO/ (800) 743-3463 or foothilltransit.org • Metro Bus: (323) GO-METRO/ (323) 466-3876 or www.metro.net
Please obey all posted construction signs and do not enter the construction work zone.