Gold Line Construction Update Effective July 20
The Construction Authority is pleased to announce that the railroad crossing at San Dimas Canyon Road (north of Arrow Highway) in San Dimas/La Verne has reopened to motorists and pedestrians effective July 20.
During the recent closure, crews completed the installation of two new light rail tracks; protected underground utilities; rebuilt the roadway, curbs, gutters and sidewalks; built a new right turn pocket from westbound Arrow Highway to northbound San Dimas Canyon Road; and added new medians and other safety infrastructure.
While the crossing reconstruction was originally planned to take five and a half months to complete, crews were able to complete the work necessary to reopen the street in two and a half months. No further full closures of the San Dimas Canyon Road crossing are expected.
With the reopening of San Dimas Canyon Road, Wheeler Avenue (click here for notice) in La Verne and Walnut Avenue (click here for notice) in San Dimas are expected to close at the railroad crossings for two weeks in early AuguStreet
Wheeler Avenue at the railroad crossing will close Monday, Aug. 1 through Friday, Aug. 12 to complete roadway and median construction at the railroad crossing on Wheeler Avenue (north of Arrow Highway) in the city of La Verne. This work requires a full closure of Wheeler Avenue at the railroad crossing for approximately two weeks.
This is the final work needed to complete the railroad crossing reconstruction, following crews removing and relocating the freight track, installing the two light rail tracks and completing utility work during a three-month closure in Winter 2020.
Beginning Monday, Aug. 1st and continuing daily thru Friday, Aug. 12, Wheeler Avenue will be fully closed to all traffic (vehicular and pedestrian) at the railroad crossing 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Arrow Highway (just south of the crossing) and Bonita Avenue (north of the crossing) will remain open and accessible by way of detour routes.
• Crews plan to work daily during double shift hours of 6:00 AM - 11:00 PM. Overnight work and Sunday shifts may also be required.
• Wheeler Avenue will be fully closed to vehicular and pedestrian traffic at the railroad crossing.
• Access to homes and businesses on Wheeler Avenue within the closure area north and south of the railroad crossing will be maintained at all times, as well as access to Wheeler Park, Palomares Avenue, 1st Street, 2nd Street, and 3rd Street.
PLAN YOUR ROUTE AND BE PREPARED
• A detour route (see map below) will be in place during the closure and signage will be posted to direct motorists and pedestrians. Please follow detour signs.
- Wheeler Avenue will be fully closed to all traffic at the railroad crossing between Arrow Highway and Bonita Avenue
- San Dimas Canyon (northbound and southbound) will serve as the main detour route, see details below.
- Arrow Highway (eastbound and westbound) will remain open to all traffic.
- Bonita Avenue (eastbound and westbound) will remain open to all traffic.
NOTE TO RESIDENTS/BUSINESS OWNERS
• Noise from construction equipment will be produced near the active work zones.
• Bus stops may be temporarily relocated, for more information:
• Foothill Transit Bus: (800) RIDE-INFO/(800) 743-3463 or foothilltransit.org
• Metro Bus: (323) GO-METRO/(323) 466-3876 or www.metro.net
La Verne Chamber of Commerce
2332 D Street, Unit E
La Verne, CA 91750