San Dimas Canyon Road to Close at Arrow Hwy. Through Mid October 2022
As part of the 9.1-mile Foothill Gold Line light rail project, crews will be returning to complete the railroad crossing on San Dimas Canyon Road (north of Arrow Hwy.) in the cities of San Dimas and La Verne. Crews will be performing underground utility work, median construction, light rail track installation, building a new right turn pocket from westbound Arrow Hwy. to northbound San Dimas Canyon Rd., and rebuilding the roadway, curbs and gutters. This work requires a full closure of San Dimas Canyon Road at the railroad crossing north of Arrow Hwy. for approximately 5 1/2 months and is the second phase of the railroad crossing reconstruction. Crews removed and relocated the freight track during a two-week closure in late 2021.
Beginning Monday, May 9, and continuing through October 21, 2022, San Dimas Canyon Rd. north of Arrow Hwy. will be fully closed to all traffic, vehicular and pedestrian, at the railroad crossing 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Bonita Ave. (north of the crossing) and Arrow Hwy (south of the crossing) will remain open and accessible by way of detour routes.
• Work Hours: 7:00 AM - 8:00 PM, Monday - Saturday. NOTE: Occasional longer work hours and construction on Sundays may be performed during the closure period.
• San Dimas Canyon Rd. will be fully closed to vehicular and pedestrian traffic at the railroad crossing.
• Access to homes and businesses on San Dimas Canyon Rd. within the closure area north and south of the railroad crossing will be maintained at all times.
PLAN YOUR ROUTE AND BE PREPARED
- A detour route will be in place during the closure and signage will be posted to direct motorists and pedestrians. Please follow detour signs.
- San Dimas Canyon Rd. will be fully closed to all traffic at the railroad crossing just north of Arrow Hwy.
- Wheeler Ave. (northbound and southbound) will serve as the main detour route, see details below.
- Bonita Ave. (eastbound and westbound) will remain open to all traffic.
Arrow Hwy. (eastbound and westbound) will remain open to all traffic.
- Noise from construction equipment will be produced near the active work zones.
- Bus stops may be temporarily relocated, for more information:
- Foothill Transit Bus: (800) RIDE-INFO/ (800) 743-3463 or foothilltransit.org
- Metro Bus: (323) GO- METRO/ (323) 466-3876 or www.metro.net
La Verne Chamber of Commerce
2332 D Street, Unit E
La Verne, CA 91750