SoCal Gas Work Closes A Street at Arrow Hwy. Through March 22
As part of the Foothill Gold Line light rail project’s mainline construction, Southern California Gas Company (SoCal Gas) will be performing drilling & trenching operations for underground utility work at the A Street railroad crossing, north of Arrow Highway (La Verne). This work requires a full closure of A St. at the railroad crossing for approximately 6 weeks. This work is separate from the future grade crossing reconstruction activities that will require a second future street closure (a separate notice will be sent at that time).
Ongoing and continuing daily thru March 22, 2021, A Street, north of Arrow Highway, will be fully closed to all traffic (vehicular and pedestrian) at the railroad crossing 24 hours a day/7 days a week. Arrow Highway (just south of the crossing) and 1st St. (north of the crossing) will remain open and accessible by way of detour routes, see map below. SoCal Gas crews plan to work daily from 7:00 AM - 5:30 PM.
- A Street will be fully closed to vehicular and pedestrian traffic at the railroad crossing north of Arrow Highway.
- Access to homes on A Street within the closure area north and south of the railroad crossing will be maintained at all times, as well as access to 1st Street.
A detour route will be in place during the closure and signage will be posted to direct motorists and pedestrians. Please follow detour signs.
- A Street will be fully closed to all traffic at the railroad crossing between Arrow Highway and 1st Street.
- Wheeler Avenue, A Street (north of the rail corridor) and E Street (northbound and southbound) will remain open and serve as detour routes.
- Arrow Highway, 1st Street, and 3rd Street (eastbound and westbound) will remain open and serve as detour routes.
Noise from construction equipment will be produced near the active work zones.
La Verne Chamber of Commerce
2332 D Street, Unit E
La Verne, CA 91750